Tuesday 1 March 2011

TAKE A BREAK - SHADOW CATCHERS



I have never been such a show – Hilary Lloyd at Raven Row. There are so much empty spaces. I walk around the gallery ‘void’ space and let myself immersed into her multi channel video work. The space, projector, DVD player all integrated into the artwork presentation. There should be much tautology and ontology concept in her work but I did not react well, though I found the works are intriguing to me.

I was stunned by Floris Neusüss’s female body theme images at V&A’s Shadow Cathers – Cameraless Photography exhibition. The cameraless approach itself is very conceptual. It is to get the physical contact with the subject, scrapping the technology mediation – the camera. I found this approach fascinating and aspire to do something my own. The show space is well designed into several rooms where each artist occupy one room. The ambience is low key with dark tone wall colour. Together with the high ceiling, I felt I stepped into my own dark room getting contact with all those wonderful abstract or figurative ‘things’. The presentation form goes well with the theme of the exhibition. I like it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment