Wednesday 23 March 2011

DOCUMENTARY PROJECT - TEXT


My first subscribed newspaper arrived today. I started to browse and look for ‘proper’ text idea to go with my images.

Originally I planned to random pick:

'Most Arab banks edged hesitantly upwards on Sunday, after Hosni Mubarak resigned as president of Egypt'.

If I look for a news account deliberately, I found it will be tricky. If I choose one:

‘Outlook for jobs to worsen – employment is predicated to fall over the next few months.’

It is very interesting, as it distorted the neutral image perception. However, I need to consider what signifier I would like to create out of the combination of text and image.

My purpose for this project is to depict the multi layers of life, surroundings, media and world. To use fixed composition and similar images, I could create the world from a detached point of view. Using text, I would like to strengthen this perception and at the same time signifies multiple layers of culture, world fair, media, etc. Therefore, I think probably dramatic news account goes with my intention of the project. I think a detail and time specific incident texts will have better power than generic non-specific non-timed news text.

So, I hand picked for today’s text presumably:

'After hundreds of bloodshed, Egypt’s new military leadership took firmer control of the country yesterday.'

No comments:

Post a Comment