Sunday 6 March 2011

DOCUMENTARY PROJECT - SHOOTING ON 5 X 4


I like the dead silence with literally no people or transportation on street on Sunday mornings. There is a cool lonely feel and I found this amazing. It is difficult to engage with a busy street scene but with this ghostly absence of people I engage with the street more. I took out a Sinar large format to do a test shoot. Surprisingly, it is very straight forward setting up the lens, bellow, tri-pod, though bit heavy. After light metre test, I set up the aperture, speed, close the lens, cock the shutter, done! The whole process is slow and I tried best to make sure of the focus and composition. It was different experience to see the subjects upside down on the back glass. I was so excited that I forgot to check the perspective and focus plane, though it should be ok as it is a straightforward landscape. The second one is not this lucky. I forgot to close the lens and one sheet film was wasted…Anyway, it is better to do things step by step, to make the most out of every shot. The film used is Fujicolor Pro 160.

No comments:

Post a Comment