Friday 19 October 2012

MAJOR PROJECT - PLANNING





So I plan to shoot the three projects at the same time, and conceptualize them at the same time.

I will go to a factory in China and select 56 workers and ask them to be my sitter.  I choose the number 56 as there are 56 nationalities in China.  I choose a factory, as “made in China” is a household phenomenon in every countries as products made in China is everywhere, therefore workers are kind of the origin of this.  I will use a red cloth as the background... The working title would be “Made in China”.

I will jump into a car and ride a few hours in a city, on a motorway, and in both suburban and rural area.  I will take photos from the moving car capturing everything around me in a continuous and fragmented way.  I am not sure what I can document, but at least the surface of tension in this fast changing nation.  “Transformation” is my initial working title.

I will fly around China in the sky above China.  I will make images in flight of the diminishing line between the lower sky and universal space.  I will take images in extensive trips above and around China at different times.  Even though each era has its own Zeitgeist, there should be something common something universal in the past, today and tomorrow.  China has developed thousands of years, history must have a mark on the current Zeitgeist. I will explore thousands years of history and study how history impact current Zeitgeist in China.  The sky above China serves a metaphor and it gives a indefinite space for conceptual engaging.  Working title “Shidai Jingshen, Five Thousands of Years” (Shidai Jingshen is the Chinese word for Zeitgeist).

No comments:

Post a Comment