Tuesday 23 October 2012

MAJOR PROJECT - MADE IN CHINA / COMPOSITIONS






I would like to decide the composition presentation of the project.  Photography is about showing and concealing, present and absence.  I’d like to conceal my sitter’s face, which would be core idea of the project.  It gives a little suspense and mystery hence pose viewers some questions hopefully.  Based on this idea, I developed three compositions.  The back side passport one seems have the most votes from me.  However the front face-cropped one is also very intriguing.  The passport identity photo composition itself can evoke the ‘institutional’ questions, while the composition of the face-cropped one does not, even though somehow I quite like it.  The bigger background of red is also very interesting, especially I think if I can make the red space much bigger and sitter smaller, to create a red sublimation.  I am not sure which one I should choose.  I need to play around more.  At the same time, I ask myself, what else compositions I can create?  I have a shot when the sitter closes his eyes, I shot in the front.  I quite like that one as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment