Saturday 20 October 2012

MAJOR PROJECT - MADE IN CHINA / SHOOTING




It is a factory of more than 400 workers and all products go to North America.  My connection enables me to organise this shooting. I prepared a red background paper, which is non-woven material bought from Taobao, No.1 cyber shop in China.  It is 1.5 x 2 meters.  Having people stand in front of it, I feel the size might be a little smaller.  I am not picky on lighting.  The space is of a great glass ceiling, so the lighting is extremely well not harsh too.  I planned not to use any artificial light.  I have no idea what frame I should use.  My plan is to shoot at the quickest speed possible not to let the sitter feel any awkward.  I understand the camera is a apparatus playing a game of power.  I don’t want to empower myself and de-power my sitter at all.  So the idea is to shoot the people in the frame and crop later if necessary.  I am sure I will crop in a very Dusseldorf way later.   Camera on tripod, quick instruction, I finished shooting in a little more than 1 hour.  I kept all the names of the workers, where they come from and other key data.

No comments:

Post a Comment