Monday 22 October 2012

MAJOR PROJECT - MADE IN CHINA / RESHOOTING PLAN




Ideally I should use a large format.  This will give me lots of leeway to decide how big I can print and which context I can use this project for.  I have not planned the size of the final presentation yet.  Blowing life size big is cool, but what is the purpose and what is the sense to blow this big?  I simply have no idea what I should try to convey hence how big the final print is.  On the other hand 5 x 4 is cumbersome and it is a long way to carry such an equipment to China and it will be time consuming to plan 56 portraiture taken.  Maybe I don’t need 56 portraiture.  There are many things for me to think and decide.

Other issues.  I need lighting on location.  It will make the image sharp and exposure time short.  it will make the bumpy red background even if the lighting is from the front and stronger than the natural light from the top.  A reflection umbrella is a must as I want an even light, subtle with no dramatic effect.

I need to plan my final frame.  Is it a passport photo composition or something else?  I have to decide so that I can make perfect composition not to crop later to sacrifice pixels and save time.

I shouldn’t use auto mode.  I will take a light meter and use manual exposure to control the light so there is no mess around in exposure time due to the colour of the hair and clothes.  

I also need to give sitter very detailed instruction, stand in a fixed position not too near the background and not to far this way the image will not show the texture of the background which weakens the image.  At the same time, fixed position will make shooting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment