Monday 31 October 2011

REAR WINDOW - RETOUCHING 1



I have been thinking of the most efficient way to retouch the 72 images taken. It should be very labour intensive. By checking them again on the bigger monitor, I found the perspective is not what I wanted. , so I decided to use Lightroom to retouch the tone, and Photoshop to correct the perspectives.

I tried to use batch process in Lightroom but soon I found I can not do so, as the white balance is very difficult to control in case of batch process. The white balance has been changing during the day, and it could result in from subtle to drastic colour tones. I had to make a choice to keep the original or similar camera adjusted tone cast, or correct it. There are pros and cons either way. The original white balance gives the image the colour cast signifies the time sense of the image. The adjusted white balance gives the image a coherent and ‘right’ detached surveillance feel. I am still strugging between the two, but probably I will have to choose to adjust the white balance.

Also the amount of exposure needs to be adjusted as well. Especially during the night the block actually was lit by some external light, so some frame exposure was not controlled well, and I had to adjust in Lightroom manually. I worry this create a not coherent look.

No comments:

Post a Comment