Tuesday 11 October 2011

PAGE AND SCREEN - FIRST PUBLICATION


We were asked to make our first publication. I am always interested in doing some image montage like John Stezaker. I tried to cut out some portraiture from magazines to play around. The original idea is to use oriental face to merge with western portraiture in glamour magazines etc, but the look is quite odd and I can not achieve a coherent format...I was really struggling and ended up an ‘A-level Happy Photomontage’. My first publication is really bad, bit disappointed. I was very excited to see how others worked out. Their works are amazing. I particularly like Rob’s work. He used newspaper, all kinds, and juxtapose different texts with images and created very interesting situations and meanings. The title is ‘This is not the....’ in the background of all broad paper titles...

No comments:

Post a Comment