Thursday 27 October 2011

REAR WINDOW - THE IDEA

I happened to spot a site by chance months ago. I found it very conceptual. It is a block of tens of rooms within a hotel development. I can see everything clear from the block in the front. Behind the curtains, Who are these strangers living in these rooms? What they do? What are they doing at this moment?... Do they see me at this moment? What are they looking at? Maybe we are staring one to another. Maybe they are looking at something else in other rooms in my block. I normally keep my curtain open as I like to see through windows anytime even sometimes when I wake up. Maybe I am expecting something unusual to happen. Maybe I just want to be part of the nature or metropolitan..

I plan to set up a camera right in front of my rear window to catch the scenes. I will shoot for 7 days. The everyday every moment differences in the images are my narratives. I would not like or seek any decisive moment or spectacle. The mundanity and non narratives are my narratives. I will programme a time lapse shooting to let the machine peek and surveillance in the distance with no emotion. Maybe a video is a better medium, but the still image can let viewer see better, engage more and at the same time allow viewer to connect all the images to play like a video or cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment