Wednesday 19 October 2011

PAGE AND SCREEN - FINAL CUT PRO

We had a training session of Final Cut Pro. System setup is first things first. It seems not the core area, but actually it is rather important. If the system, format, directory etc are not set up well there will be much headaches in the future. So does file management, it has to be extremely organising as it forms the basis for everything. Setup and organising are the keys for any software usage. I had much bad experience before in other software usage especially Photoshop. The difference between professional and amateur is to see if there is any systematic and standardised workflow. Anyway, I found Final Cut very interesting. It maps out all relevant data and gives very good overview of all files, so powerful. Secondly there is a ‘time’ element and you have to always keep the ‘time’ element in mind, of course because it is video editing, but as I have been working with still images, I feel very refreshing.

Anyway this is a good start. More sessions will follow but I do not know if I continue as I have to miss the ‘Page’ session. Today I missed Allan Parker’s workshop on printing, books and ideas, which seems informative and interesting…

No comments:

Post a Comment