Saturday 7 January 2012

BEHIND CURTAINS - PRE BINDING


I went to see Rob in Bookworks to get some information on printing and advices for binding. Printing has to be planned well so that it suits the binding afterwards. He told me if I go for the current Blurb edition full bleed double page hard cover, then 20mm has to be considered as the image has to be this bigger to get folded to the hard cover. Then this decides the inner pages. I then just factor this into my consideration when printing. I told him that I am going not to use the double page presentation inside the book, and use text on the left side instead. He said he likes my current presentation, and the images actually are very self evident, indicating a story is going on. He might be right. This is the thing, there are so many decisions to be made, and sometimes it is not easy to find the ‘right’ one. I, myself, changes as well, as time goes by..

No comments:

Post a Comment