Tuesday 10 January 2012

BEHIND CURTAINS - PRINTING III

at WestPhoto

Printing is never easy. Anand is very helpful, however, the paper was quickly used up due to some mistake. Then I have to compromise matt paper. The colour is very dull, especially for the night image dark colour tone. I clearly see the difference between a few prints same paper same image with different colour profiling.

The other difficulty is the centre alignment for front side and back side. I would like to create two double sided pages to create some filmic feel for the images shot during 2:00-6:00am. The narrative is that I am sleeping, image is static, so without words, it is self evident. However, Anand and I can not make it happen. Andrei helped by recommending using Indesign. Then the image final print size can not be perfectly matched to previously printed ones, as previous ones were printed by Photoshop. As it is for a book, so any minute discrepancies in image will be very obvious after book binding. So I have to make another compromise.

Took at least ten hours to print off everything, but with imperfections which I have to make do accept them, due to time constraint. The next step is binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment