Monday 22 March 2010

PUBLIC/PRIVATE - VISUAL COHERENCE

(Green Street, W1, London 2010)


I have been struggling regarding my hotspot series about the visual

coherence. I used D300 and it was in 35mm format. Because of the

different looking of different places all in messy surroundings, there

are hardly any good formulated visual codes. I had endeavoured to find

it when shooting and several of the shots included doors which I quite

like as it has some kind of connotation of passing through. Terez

enlightened me to consider crop and format changing. I eventually

chose medium format 6 X 6 and cropped off much unnecessary details.

It changed the visual impact dramatically. However, the Hornsey Lane

Bridge one is not good, as I shot from side rather than from the

middle. This caused the perspective not in line with other shoots. I

planned to re-shoot this one

No comments:

Post a Comment