Tuesday 9 March 2010

PUBLIC/PRIVATE (Montage) – INNITIAL SHOOTING

(Canary Wharf Tube Station, London 2010)

I have started shooting for the montage idea. I have chosen, Waterloo Station, Kings Cross Station, and Canary Wharf Station. I would like to catch a crowd looking up to the information panel and shoot right in their faces so I chose these train stations. I choose Canary Wharf because it offers modern glass tower as background. For Waterloo and Kings Cross, it was an instant failure as the faces are all mixed up and overlapped randomly in composition. Secondly there is no theatrical feel in any of the shots due to people’s constant moving and lack of control of framing. I walked around Canary Wharf in and out of station a few times and think it has some potential though. I decided to have the following approaches. I would like to shoot the exit of Canary Wharf when people getting out of the station in rush hours. Since there are only a few lanes, this will make the people visually in order. Rush hour timing will give me the chance to get enough crowds. I also plan to shoot in Liverpool Street Station because there is a first floor landing and it hopefully will offer good vantage point for composition of the crown looking up. I plan to shoot within tomorrow so that I have enough time to work on this or drop this idea to find something else for the project if I can’t realise this original idea to my satisfactory.

No comments:

Post a Comment