Tuesday 30 April 2013

TAKE A BREAK - LIGHT SHOW @ HAYWARD








Visitors are more than ever, at least from my experience, probably because this Light Show is very playful.  I think I can soak myself there for a few good hours, but as always, there is a dimension in time…  I particularly like Leo Villareal’s Cylinder II (2012).  I feel I am moved by it and I feel I am lost in the infinity of the universe or just nothingness.  There is a melancholia inside me feeling this wonderful objects.  The intensity and speed of the thousands of the LED mini lights changes; the light shimmer, glow, appear to rise and fall or oscillate, become dim and then quite bright.  The sequencing has no beginning, middle or end.  Anyway, I dream to have such a lighting installation in my home!  I love lights, all sorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment