Thursday 11 April 2013

MP - FURTHER RESEARCH - JOHN KIPPIN


Many artists are excellent in texts.  I still remember how far reaching the impact after I saw Victor Burgin's works.  Now, following Silke's leads and recommendation, I found John Kippin's work interesting.  One of the things is that he go beyond the topographical approach, and all images in his project has a lot more as they are composed differently.  I think I need to move away from the rigorously engineered Dusseldorf approach, I need some intuition and dynamics.  I remember I used to be fascinated by Becher style, now I am fed up somehow... keep changing...

2 comments:

  1. john Kippin works and lived in Newcastle upon tyne during the Thatcher reign this is where his work comes from I was a stuident on the ma course during this era also one could not but be influenced by the leadership of this terrible period in British history.lOVE YOUR WORK,MaryrVeale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know directly from someone with such an era background. Can feel more from his work from this context. Thanks for the comments! Kun

    ReplyDelete