Thursday 21 March 2013

MP - SKYSCAPE - FURTHER ENGAGING 2




The printing quality is unbearable due to my lazy re-sizing approach, so I have to go back to re-edit on the screen.

I am still considering about different composition.  The sky is not split in the middle; maybe in the old classical landscape one third way?  Maybe I can only use a cloud de-contextualising from the sky?

The idea behind the half split is to convey the ancient essence of Chinese thoughts – the doctrine of the mean.  The one third split gives a better sublime affect, it could signifies the mystery or the unknown universal rules of everything better, but I am not sure if it fits to my original idea.  On the other hand, I don’t mind my idea shapes and changes as time goes by.  Struggling to narrow this wide signifier of sky and cloud to something related to China – maybe I am narrow minded in choosing such a topic with such a fantastic subjects, the sky and the cloud.  Should I change my topic completely to something universal?  This has been a key question I have been asking myself time and again.

Then the de-contextualised image of a cloud is interesting itself too. I like cloud, the elusive and the ever changing forms.  Every time I see cloud slowing moving above me, I am looking at an abyss of myself, fascinated by the infinity and the unknown.  Seeing above the cloud is slightly different from seeing from the below, however one thing is unanimously the same is cloud is gorgeous.  On the other hand, I should not be taken away by the form beauty and I should concentrate on the content or idea behind, but how could I get away with it?  I have to quote what Dubuffet said, one of my favourite artist, “Art never comes when you call for it, it never lies in the bed you make for it.”  I can feel it, that art is a by-product, you can never make it as a product, it comes and goes elusively, like love.


No comments:

Post a Comment