Wednesday 20 March 2013

MP - SKYSCAPE - FURTHER ENGAGING 1



The sky series is the least mature.  The edit is yet finished, the text usage is still in the brewing stage, but I have already planned to print it big and hang it epically.  On top of 5-7 images I edited initially, I deliberately included quite a few to expand the visual vocabulary into the this series a little to make an informed final edit. 

The printing is a dissapointment.  I batch resized it to 1800 pixels enough to make a 6x4 but it was a mess, colour and texture of the images are destroyed.  Anyway, I have to made do with it to play around the prints physically on the floor.

I think due to the constraint of the space, I would not be allowed to print and present more than 5 images.  That will make the edit easier, however, deeply in my mind, I would fancy a book with a lot more images, so with these two targets, I have to make a decent selection. 

The key point is the colour saturation and texture, from my perspective.  I don’t want a super colourful sublime image, however I don’t want a grey scale either.  Texture sometimes bother me, as high in the sky, sometimes, well, most of the times, the cloud texture is too realistic, which against my idea to generalise a universal philosophy visually.  Therefore, I tend to choose the images with less texture, with even and smooth ones.  Maybe this way, I get into a narrow tunnel, maybe I should explore beyond.

I will devote some time for text creating and usage specifically.

I envisage 3 images blown big and hang in a linear way on a gallery wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment