Monday 4 March 2013

MP - MADE IN CHINA - FURTHER ENGAGING 1




I need a big space, a wall or a bare floor, so that I can lay out my edits physically, playing around and thinking a little.  I resized some of the images and printed 6 x 4 and tried to work out.  As the end presentation will be on a gallery wall, at least as now I am planning, so I need to juxtapose one another to see the visual effect.

The series Made in China is actually a little straight forward, especially in my mind when I just want to print smaller size, so this way, the shadows projected on the red backdrop would be not that obvious.  However, as I shot three times with different lighting strategy so the colour saturation and visual effect are quite different when they are juxtaposed side by side. 

I made a grid layout.  4 x 3 or 3 x 3 I was a little hesitating but the portrait layout made me decide the 4 x 3 grid, with the last line one missing, creating a further continuation hopefully. 

Two challenges, one is the accuracy of the image layout, how much distance the head is to the border.  It will be very obvious if there is a tiny difference from one image to another.

The other one is that as the second shooting and third shooting are only for a dozen of people, I am facing some potential problem to select 11 images from the same pool.  There would be less options for me, but there will be the wearing, hair style, and other appearance to consider.  I want to create a neutral visual effect, but with less option, I might have to compromise.  Let’s see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment