Tuesday 1 February 2011

TAKE A BREAK - GABRIEL OROZCO / TATE MODERN

My Hands are My Heart 1991
by Gabriel Orozco

I like Orozco’s art. His approach is simple, subtle and modest but concept is refreshing, strong and long lasting. He tried to create simple gesture, which makes me feel individual, conscious and refreshing. I like his theme on transience and the ephemeral. He said art is not entertaining or seek high technical way to create spectacle to wow people. He uses daily experience and creates the art in such a simple way that everyone could really do it. However, the strong experience and the impact come out of the act. It reminds me of the style of Arte Povera which is very individual and so close to life. This is what I am aiming for in my project – Goodbye Yesterday - actually. It is a visual diary - something touches me in my daily life. I tried to feel and find such a scene but it eludes me sometimes. Also there is such a abyss behind Orozco’s work which could be an act, impact or experience. It just makes me contemplate and gives back my consciousness when I concentrate looking at his work losing my moment then. Time is always something I am interested and the ephemeral is one of the most intriguing content to me. I wish I could find a way to express my feel regarding this.

No comments:

Post a Comment