Sunday 6 February 2011

DOCUMENTARY PROJECT - IDEA PROPOSAL

I connect myself with the external world with all sorts of activities. I get up in the morning; turn on the television watching what is going on. I get out of the home and go to work exposing myself with other passer-bys and traffic. I listen to music, news broadcast, people talking around me; I watch the passer-bys, traffic, everything coming into my eyes; I talk with friends, colleagues, family members, strangers… … Do I feel? Does everything mean anything to me? Do I care? Where is ‘I’ in the world?

I plan to study the complex relationship between the outer world and me. Billions of things are happening everywhere in the world, be it newsworthy, strange, natural, cultural, or political, etc; millions of things are happening in my own life be it exciting, routine, tiny, boring or shocking, etc. I am the interface between my inner world and the external. No matter I care or not, things happens if it will happen. No matter I accept or not, the sun always rises and sets. No matter related to me or not, life moves on like nothing happens before at the same time life will never be the same the next minute.

In the project, I take one picture a day and add text either from my experience or something happened in the external world – though not necessarily I am interested in or caring about it. The text and the image will inter-relate each other create the complex relationship between my existence within the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment