Tuesday 9 February 2010

PUBLIC/PRIVATE 3 SPACE

(Original image courtesy: redford.edu; Montage juxtaposed by me; 2010)

I like landscape, still life, etc, as it is not moving hence easy to control in front of lens and it offers a lot of space to provoke thinking. Gursky’s work inspired me so much. His objective and subjective concept plus the super visually striking approach are so amazing. I am considering doing a space theme in public/private project. Public space shapes private lives. It has complex spatial, spiritual, social, cultural dimensions. My idea is to shoot church, mosque, temple, etc to study the private/public aspect in different religious and cultural context. However, to produce a series of visually strong images to accomplish this mission should be very challenging. How to get access to the space, how to get permission to use tripod, how to get a high vantage point, how to select the ‘right’ churches/mosques/temples… At second stage, how to manipulate the external reality with my inner one. I like this idea and will consider further on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment