Thursday 4 February 2010

PUBLIC/PRIVATE 1 PARK


(Speaker’s Corner; January, 2010)

There is an inter-face between public and private. There are also complications of relationships between them. I would like to find them. Something could be public and at the same time private. I would like to develop an idea where public and private merge, separate, conflict and develop at the same time. Ideally to the conceptual level but not literal.

Hyde Park speakers corner on Sunday. The idea is to shoot a few speakers and listeners and get some thoughts on their interactions, when private opinions meet public. I found this idea is bit too literal, nonetheless I went for it. I shoot several groups and found this old man standing there lonely soaked in his world while no one is interested to listen to him. I don’t like the flag as it gives some specific meaning not generic. I could have exaggerated the coldness in this shot by stepping back further to create more space and dwarf the speaker’s size.

Park is somehow an inter-face where public and private merge and convolute. I could shoot the daily lives in park not limited to the speakers’ corner. I don’t know how to bring this idea to the next level. Subconsciously I don’t find it conceptual engaging. I will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment