Monday 3 December 2012

MAJOR PROJECT - SHI DAI JING SHEN / SHOOTING AND BLURRING





I tried soft focus and I looked fabulous.  Not necessarily in the form, it gives me more space for appreciation.  I have been fascinated by the soft focus.  I don’t know where I picked up from.  Maybe Gerhard Richter.  Then the colour, I don’t know if I keep the saturated colour.  I don’t want my images that colourful, though I don’t want it pure grey scale.  I always appreciate the saying by Laozi, “Five colours make one blind (五色令人目盲五音令人耳聋)”  it is the literal translation, it conceptually means there is more in less.  My first name from Zhuangzi, thanks to my father, and Taoism (Laozi and Zhuangzi) means a lot to me.  I am considering to use the minimal colour and texture to convey the essence of Zeitgeist.  It goes simple, only the essence is left after thousands years of washing.



No comments:

Post a Comment