Saturday 29 September 2012

MAJOR PROJECT - IDEAS & CONTEXTUALISING 3




I am always fascinated by the sky and clouds.  I spend weeks in the sky every year and each time I look out of the cabin window I can look for a long time purifying my mind, contemplating something or nothing, being fascinated by the sublime, getting the visual pleasure of the always different colour and scenes...  Like on the ground there is a horizon, in the sky there is another ‘horizon‘ the border line between the lower sky and the universe sky - I don’t know how I could express this in English better.  The manmade language seems not have many words or expressions on the upper sky probably because we have been living on the ground and we are sent to the sky by the technology only in the last 150 years.  How is related to China?  I fly around China in the sky, the vast subliminal scene reminds me the grand philosophy of Laozi and Zhuangzi,  the infinity in the far away engages me with many thoughts from Chinese philosophy, the different scenes in the sky evokes me thought on the thousands years of history of this country, the ebb and flow of this nation, the colorful and prosperous period and the dark and miserable ages.  The sky gives me tranquility as opposed to the noisy terrestrial, the sky gives me eternity as opposed to the daily ephemeral in the ground life. Every day we work and live to deal with all sorts of situations, we try to develop and live better our life and society, but the sky is always the sky it is there billions of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment