Friday 28 September 2012

MAJOR PROJECT - IDEAS & CONTEXTUALISING 2




The speed of development does not merely transform the world.  It becomes the world.  China’s economy developed fast in the last two decades.  The speed changed people’s value, country’s culture, and nation’s landscape, etc.  Even though I hate to be un-original, as too many people jump on a bus or car and make projects out of the journey, I found I express my version of understanding well with my way of photography in a fast running car around China.  The car was driven around cities, suburbans, rural areas, at day time and at night.  The fast car, the fast growing economy, fast growing country, and beyond this.  I recorded the physical image and with the blurry traces of the light, it not only serves the literal mirroring of the speed but also questions the speed, the impact, and the phenomenology of current China situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment