Friday 4 November 2011

REAR WINDOW - SAMPLE BOOK RECEIVED


I received the book. It looks brilliant on the first sight. Size does matter! It is 33cm X 28cm, between A4 and A3, bigger than normal photo print size of 10" × 12" (254 × 305 mm) smaller than 11" × 14" (279 × 356 mm aka. 28 × 36 cm). There are much detail in each page, which makes the look experiencing interesting. I worried my viewing experience cannot be conveyed by the prints, but not too bad, of course print looking experience can not compare with being there physically. There are a few things I found needs to be developed.

1. There is no text at all. I am not sure of this, I think probably I need to add some context such as the 20 minutes interval during 24 hours shooting.

2. The perspective is still not perfect. There are perspective distortions as the image is blown out this big.

Other than these, there are image quality not satisfied, mainly due to the unclear window glass. However, this is something difficult to overcome. I would love to break the windows, and shoot with a 5 X 4 large format...

I need to ask some others to get more feedback before finalise the revision plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment