Thursday 3 November 2011

REAR WINDOW - PUBLICATION PROOF SAMPLE


I would like to print a book sample to see how it goes especially the image quality and how my concept is conveyed via the images, before using Indesign to properly make the book. I am not quite sure this project is conceptual enough to work. I will ask Andre’s idea next time.

The sample is printed in the biggest possible layout offered by Blurb. The formal production will be printed in A3, I plan. As the image contains many rooms and only the big enough print can depict the detail of these rooms and create the minute difference of the time lapsed shots. The layout would be double page full bleed to create a seamless time continuous feel.

I would like to chose a cool modern font for any of the text in the book. Blurb only offers limited numbers of font. I found the ‘Bank Gothic ‘ is the right one. It likes a electronic computer style font, and I think it gives some surveillance, machine, power, modern, detached feel.

However after I submitted, I spotted that the font of my name was not updated with the right ‘Bank Gothic’. Luckily this is not the final. I really need to be very detail minded...

No comments:

Post a Comment