Monday 18 October 2010

FILM STILLS - SHOOTING



I planned about 10 set ups. The shooting took place in a hotel room. It was late night and I tried some ambiance light with balanced bounced flash. It worked pretty well.


I like one or two of the images. Four or five failed. The rest could make do, but I do not like them. I put too much dramatic acting and they are not subtle and not bringing any hook to what happened just now and what will happen afterwards – the multiple possible meanings. They failed the conceptual engagement as a film still some how, although the double portraits idea might provoke some thoughts. The shots with deadpan expression worked better. Subtleness can really create a space for spectator to engage. Simplicity creates sophistication. Nothingness creates a lot of significances. Less is more. I like deadpan.


I really need to re-design some set ups but submission time is approaching probably I have to submit and move on to the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment