Sunday 10 March 2013

MP - TRANSIT - FURTHER ENGAGING 1




Transit series probably is the most complex among the three strands. 

Inspired by Shirley, I somehow find a new direction.  With an extreme of distorted blurry, some images created a pictorial presentation.  They are beautiful, with less figurative data on it, which makes the series sophisticated.  It is between the recognisable and the abstract.  I quite like them.  However, at the same time, I should remind myself the formal beauty is dangerous, I have to always put the concept – the content in the supreme position.

The original idea is to make some blurry social documentary with a subjective perspective. The blur was not to make it to an extreme level; the things in the image are kind of obvious though with some ambiguous silhouette.

I shot more than a hundred, however, there are not enough images for me to choose to make a book – thinking a book should consists at least 15 to 20 images.  So I printed dozens after expand my selection.  Printing was the same disappointing – I would never resize to such smaller size for print again.  Especially due to the intrinsic blur, the image quality is very shabby.  Anyway…

There are only limited motif I found out, after laying everything on the floor.  Road, building in construction are the two major ones.  Nature, urban ones are of very limited.  How should I make a good edit with a range of motif is challenging.


On the wall, I would like to make a random presentation with different sizes, however all the shooting was done in landscape, making this random way a little boring, which makes me a little doubtful now.

No comments:

Post a Comment