Sunday 24 March 2013

MP - SKYSCAPE - FURTHER ENGAGING 5









I thought of a few words and overlaid them on the image to see how it goes.

Same texts, different images.  The China version is strange.  The Identity version is interesting.  I think maybe because the linguistic syntax of China as a word limits the meaning signification, at least for me.  It is a figurative and a thing with a clear item referring to.  Different images and form does not connect with China as a word or signifier well.  However, as Identity is a abstract meaning, by combining the abstract vocabulary with different images, it talks subtly. 

Maybe I should try to create a pool of vocabulary or texts to test further.  Maybe one pool for China related, and one pool for a universal related.  More and more I move away from the initial China related theme, as I think it will be more interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment