Tuesday 17 April 2012

TAKE A BREAK - THOMAS RUFF @ GAGOSIAN LONDON






First time to Gagosian Gallery in London. Thomas Ruff, surprisingly. I am just finishing off my essay on him for 'allegory of real" actually. A couple of ripples.

First, I am so surprised the verisimilarity of the image, the amount of detail represented on the C-type. Even if I stand close with a magnifying glass, it looks like an object not an image. No sign at all that it is a printed image. Considering the epic size of the print, the impact is overwhelming.

Second, the gallery space is so cool, spacious, stylish. People working there are like those working in boutique high end shops, dressed in black, stylish.

Third, Ruff's exploration on medium never fail to pioneer the wave in art. He now uses 3D technology and produced a few images. I wore 3D red and green glasses, walking into the image - the unknown space.

No comments:

Post a Comment