Tuesday 27 September 2011

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY



I did some personal project, engaging nothing but only with my memory, life and self. However how are these works received by the viewers? I keep wondering this especially after my group summer show ‘Mirrors of Believing’ at Chapel Gallery weeks ago. I had not paid ‘universality’ when developing and creating the work - ‘Bye-bye Yesterday’. Maybe I should consider more about this and at least make some of the viewers interested and engaged with my works with some universal signifiers. Hume’s ‘Personal Identity’ is the opening text for our theory module - ‘Perspective’. I look forward to finding the fine balance between personal and universality.


I also realised that I really need to hone my skill in the realisation of my ideas. Having idea is only the beginning part of any project, the other part, more important to me, at least now, is to realise in the form of photographic representation. My weakness lies in here, pixel/dpi planning, Photoshop retouching, etc and of course shooting and printing... Some of my images in the show were not good enough in quality, due to my lack of attention to create the work in the first place. Realisation is more important than idea and I should emphasise this from now on.


Time has a quality that whenever you want to start anew, you can always use time as an excuse - the next day or minute is always new. It will kick off tomorrow and I have a refreshing mood for the new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment