Thursday 25 November 2010

TAKE A BREAK - PARIS PHOTO 2010

Five of us went to see ParisPhoto 2010.

We first went to the Le Bal to see ‘Unamed America’ curate by David Campany. It showed American prospect in a cold and detached way. Jeff Wall’s heavily constructed but photojournalism style images were the most attractive. It depicted a turning point in daily American life narrative. Lewis Baltz’s minimalism industrial park shot looked impressive in the grid presentation. I saw his work before but in a single shot format and this grid presentation made a difference in visual impact.

The main Paris Photo exhibition is in Luvre. I was overwhelmed by thousands of images. I walked around and around but could not finish viewing everything in good time. I tried to shoot the images that I like. Maybe because I studied Affect Theory, I spotted many artworks on body. I would have never paid much attention to those works before. There are quite a few images with darkness and void. I am always interested in this issue and I decided to work on my own version of darkness and void images. Another thing I found is that Photoshop is my handicap in my photography. Many artists used photoshop to created so many fantastic jobs. I am not sure if I could achieve this due to my constraint of photoshop skill. Anyway, it was hard to tell which image is the most impressive and how many images I could remember vividly. There are just too many…

No comments:

Post a Comment