Thursday 28 January 2010

O, BRONICA



I am always intrigued by people looking out of windows. They look out, but most of the times they don’t see; they look outside but most of the times they actually look inside themselves… They are seeking something that they don’t even know... I planned to do this ‘Looking Out’ project with my family (I am not confident in portraiture with strangers.) via formulated portraiture using medium format, so I borrowed a Bronica ETRS and shot a roll Ilford HP5 ISO 100. I was so disappointed to find that half of the frames were exposed nothing. Equipment manager told me that it might have something to do with the camera’s battery. O’ Bronica. I will have to re-do this project.

I always found Photo Shop complicated so I had one session of Photo Shop 2 weeks ago. Again, I just found it is probably not my thing. I had another session of Light Room and it was amazing – intuitive, creative and straight forward. I have to use both of them to retouch and photomontage pictures this term. Bit worried as I am not technique fluent.


No comments:

Post a Comment