Sunday 13 December 2009

ABSENCE/PRESENCE - MOUNTING

(Retouching Demonstration)

(The Hot Iron & Wax Paper)

(Mounting Press)

(Cutting)

(Retouching)

Ulrike showed us how to mount and retouch. After finishing printing last Thursday, I finished my production on Friday by doing mounting, cutting and retouching. The works are far from perfection, but due to time and skill constraint, I had to finish this way. I bought black mounting board from art shop on campus, considered different alternatives of mounting and decided to make a no-boarder mounting. First of all, to stick photo, fibre paper and mount board by a hot iron. Then, I wrapped the mounted stuff with wax paper and tucked it into the mounting machine for 3 minutes. They look very neat afterwards. After cutting to the expected size (not an easy job to make all 5 mounted prints to the same dimension), I tried to retouch to get rid of the dust spot and other defects in the prints. It was hard to match the right shade! Anyway, I finished everything! Next stage is to organise my introduction and workbook and to submit next Friday the 18th!

No comments:

Post a Comment