Tuesday 5 June 2012

TAKE A BREAK - ZOE LEONARD @ CAMDEN ART CENTER




It is not new but my first time to be inside a camera obscura, a part of it.  I lied down on the soft seat and watching the street scene projected onto the ceiling, the wall and floor, with street noise together.  The light shines through a lens fitted in one of the blackened window.  Traffic and people passing by on the projection upside down. I got Zoe Leonard’s point.  Sometimes I do not like the debate on analogue and digital.  At the end of the day, it is just change of the camera back, photography is purely light, not physical objects, be it analogue be it digital.  It is all mediated image, a virtual reality – then what is reality, I wouldn’t following up this engaging…

Thinking I want to bring a pin hole camera to this obscura to take one image…

I quite like Zoe’s work.  They are quite down to earth but conceptually interesting.  There are also other galleries showing her other two series of works.  Love all of them.  Decided to buy one of her books.  Camden Art Center’s first visit, I like here, it is an interesting space – plan to have tea in the ground floor café next time looking pretty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment